From your morning coffee to evening meals and everything in between, your kitchen truly is “the heart of the home.” With a large island, pristine appliances, beautiful cabinetry, and open, inviting space for all your lively dinner parties and cozy brunches alike, your kitchen is always the happiest place to be.
Modern, high-end features change the way you enjoy the experience of cooking and eating (and relaxing, of course)! Here’s how one of our kitchens gives you more of everything you love, along with a few of our favorite design trends that will inspire you to turn your kitchen into your all-time dream space:
Dream Finders’ New Home Kitchen Features
Open Space: Whether you’re enjoying a cozy, quiet breakfast or celebrating an occasion with family and friends, you have all the space you need to spread out and savor the moment.
Large Island: An extra large island adds extra large character to your kitchen, and provides something that’s just as chic and stylish as it is functional. With room for seating, cue the comfort (and glass-clinking).
Beautiful Lighting: Whether you’re checking out a new cookbook or plating dinner, you need optimal lighting to guide the way. Our beautiful lighting adds that warm glow you love in the most special room of your home.
Elegant Cabinetry: Aesthetically pleasing and useful all at once, the cabinetry in your kitchen provides the ample storage you need and the modern style you love.
New Appliances and Flooring: With pristine flooring and all-new appliances that work perfectly, you’ll enjoy cooking and relaxing in your kitchen more than ever before.
Top 10 Kitchen Design Trends
Whether you’re building your home from the ground up or ready for a refresh, here are 10 kitchen design trends that will make the kitchen you favorite room in the house:
1) Soft Colors: If you love a timeless look, there’s nothing like soft-colored cabinets to give your entire kitchen a warm, welcoming vibe. Classic white or cream, as well as honey- or ash-toned cabinets, always look fresh and elegant and pair well with any flooring or backsplash.
2) Bold Color Combos: If you’re looking for a “wow” factor instead, nothing gives it better than unique and unexpected colors in the kitchen. Pick two shades that are opposites on the color wheel — one for cabinets and one for backsplash, for example — and marvel at how the bold contrast transforms your home.
3) Colorful Cabinets: From bright and bold to subdued and moody, colorfully painted cabinets are an easy and cost-effective way to reflect your personality and shift the aesthetic of your home. Your options are limited only by your imagination.
4) Hidden Appliances: If you’re willing to splurge a bit on appliances, hidden ones can make your kitchen feel more spacious by creating the illusion of uninterrupted, wall-to-wall, cabinetry. From custom woodwork to painted facades, refrigerators, dishwashers, and range hoods are a few of the appliances that can disappear from sight.
5) Range Hoods as Focal Points: The range hood is a necessity, but it definitely shouldn’t be an afterthought! Hoods come in a variety of silhouettes (elaborate or streamlined) and finishes (hammered metal, copper, marble), and the right one can become the statement piece of your entire kitchen.
6) Walk-In Pantries: When you’re buying and preparing enough food for an entire family every day, a walk-in pantry is a kitchen essential. The large space keeps cereal, snacks, and other non-perishable goods, as well as lunchboxes, coolers, and anything else you need organized and out of the way. It’s a must-have to maintain a clean and tidy kitchen!
7) Unique Island: An Island that’s a different color stain than the rest of the kitchen truly makes it stand apart and adds to its appeal. Try gray, navy, or medium-gray stain to contrast with lighter cabinets.
8) Fun Tile Patterns: Nothing catches the eye like a bold backsplash. Geo, hex, linear, penny, and cement tiles with repeated patterns are currently making noise. See what you’re drawn to the most!
9) Hints of Gold: Tossing in a bit of gold with a bold neutral like black goes a long way in the kitchen. You can try this sleek look with lighting, cabinet hardware, and plumbing fixtures.
10) Open Shelves: Contemporary and chic, open shelves are a great way to put your personality and style on display. They don’t have to replace cabinets completely, but the occasional open shelf is completely modern and makes a big statement.
So much time is spent in the kitchen… why not turn it into a focal point? If you’re eager to design and enjoy a brand new kitchen of your own, all of us at Dream Finders Homes can’t wait to get started! For more kitchen inspiration, visit our Design Studio. For more information about building a new home with us, please contact us at 888-416-6328.