7 Steps to Build On Your Lot in Northeast Florida
Home is where the heart is, and if your heart is happiest on your own land, then that's where your next home should be. Dream Finders Homes is thrilled to reintroduce our special Build On Your Lot Program for Northeast Florida! Whether you'd love to retire to a cozy home near the beach, or need plenty of bedrooms for your growing family, we can build it, exactly where you want it. Dream Finders Homes offers homes built on your land in Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, and St. Johns counties. Our spacious, modern, energy-efficient homes range from 3-6 bedrooms, 2-5 baths, and 1,968 to 4,396 square feet, giving you all the choice you need. Select from 30 of our most popular one and two-story homes. If you need your space configured differently, or need extra rooms — no problem! We can personalize your home with upgraded options including bay windows, additional bonus rooms, an upgraded owner’s suite, and more.
BOYL Home Builder in Northeast FloridaWe offer an efficient, proven, 7-step process to build the home of your dreams on your land. You find the land, and we’ll take care of everything else. Here’s how we do it: Step 1: Find Land If you don't already own land, this is the first thing you'll need to do in order to build your new home. In Northeast Florida, you have plenty of options for where to live and what type of lifestyle you'd like to enjoy. A few questions to ask yourself are:
- Do I want to be in a subdivision?
- Do I need space (indoor and outdoor) for my family to grow?
- Do I want an HOA to take care of exterior maintenance?
- How much privacy will I want?
- Do I want to maintain a large yard?
- What's the distance to school, work, and shopping?
- Does the cost of land fit into my budget?
- Choose all of the options you may want, along with exterior colors
- Approve of any structural changes to the plan
- Obtain a pre-approval letter from your lender
- Sign a contract to build with 10% down
- A complete set of plans
- Soil Test
- Roof Truss Plans
- Site Plan showing septic/sewer
- Energy calculation forms
- ARB approval
- Impact fees, tap fees, and any other necessary fees.