A Relocation Guide to Orlando
When it comes to the best place to live, everyone is different. While some prefer a low-key, laid-back lifestyle with just the bare necessities, others enjoy the vibrant, hustle and bustle lifestyle with tons of activities and opportunities for growth. Whichever you prefer, Orlando, Florida is the place for you! Even with the wild “fun in the sun” vibe, there are still opportunities for relaxation that suit a laid-back lifestyle too. Whatever your reasons for moving to Orlando, Dream Finders Homes is excited to offer a relocation guide to help!
What to Know When Moving to Orlando, Florida
What are the top things you think about when you think of Orlando, FL? Theme parks? Vacation? Beautiful weather? While those things are all true highlights of the area, it’s so much more than that! Orlando is an ever-growing city in Central Florida with more than 300,000 residents, making it the 4th largest in the state. Along with the popular attractions and pleasant weather, it’s also known for great education and employment opportunities as well as an excellent housing market. Families with children of all ages will have no problem finding quality education. Within Orlando and surrounding towns, kids aged K-12 have ample choices. Two top school districts to consider are Lake County, Orange County, and Volusia County. For example, our Bella Collina community is just one mile from the renowned Montverde Academy and Preparatory (Lake County), Summerdale Park at Lake Nona offers access to exceptional schools like Lake Nona High School (Orange County), and Lakewood Park is close to the highly-rated Stetson University (Volusia County). Orlando is also home to the largest college in the country, the University of Central Florida. Moving can be tough if you haven’t found a job yet, however, you won’t have to worry when relocating to Orlando. Of course with major theme parks like Walt Disney World and Universal Studios, the thriving economy here is primarily thanks to the tourism and entertainment industries. But there are also many job opportunities in various fields like hospitality, retail, healthcare, technology, and government jobs.
Something else you should know about when moving to Orlando, Florida is the housing market. With all of the fantastic qualities of the area, it’s reasonable to think it might be expensive to live here, but compared to other large Florida cities it’s the most affordable (it’s even 1% more affordable than the national average). Additionally, you’re guaranteed to build equity over time as the city continues to grow rapidly and the market excels. A home purchase here will always be a great investment!
The Benefits of Living in Orlando!
1. Tax BenefitsFlorida has no state income tax, inheritance tax, or estate tax. Tax time will come with one less bill, and the money you save on your earnings can go toward other expenses. Did you know: This benefit is actually due to the revenues the state earns through the millions of visiting tourists (thank you, tourists!). Relocating to Orlando, and Florida overall, has perks for retired folks, too. Residents are exempt from paying taxes on pension income, Social Security retirement benefits, and income from many other retirement plans.
2. Easy TravelingWhether you need to jet set for a business trip, need to get away on a pleasure cruise, or simply need transportation nearby, living in Orlando, FL offers many ways for you to get to where you need to go. There are two airports (Orlando International Airport and Orlando Sanford International Airport) both with shuttle services. You can travel by bus or train throughout Orlando and South Florida through options like Amtrak, SunRail, and LYNX. For local travel, the I-Ride Trolley and LYNMO Downtown Circular are great, affordable options (LYNMO is free!). Lastly, you’ll have easy access to many cruise ports on any coast due to Orlando’s central location.
3. Diverse Arts & CultureOrlando is already diverse in its population with a great mix of retirees and young professionals. It’s just as diverse in the art and cultural experiences available. One major attraction to check out is the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts. It’s a state-of-the-art facility hosting a range of musical acts, dance performances, and Broadway shows. The variety of museums offers something for every interest and age group. For example, there’s the Orlando Science Center, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, and Orlando County Regional History Center. In addition, there are dozens of galleries, gardens, movie theaters, historic sites, and gardens to suit your cultural palate.
4. Affordable, Top Quality Healthcare & HospitalsThe ample sunshine and tons of natural beauty already help significantly with the health of its residents, so having quality healthcare options is a bonus to moving to Orlando, Florida. There are top-rated hospitals and healthcare facilities like AdventHealth Orlando and Orlando Regional Medical Center. It’s also nice to know that the cost of healthcare is about 4% lower than the national average for affordable care from highly trained medical professionals.
5. Endless Attractions, Outdoor Activities, & EventsBored will never be a part of your vocabulary when relocating to Orlando, Florida. With over a dozen theme parks, access to waterside and landside recreation, and year-round events (not to mention shopping centers and restaurants), there is so much to do when living in Orlando, FL. As a Florida resident, you’ll have the option for discounted annual tickets to parks like Disney World, Universal Studios, and Legoland. Outdoor enthusiasts can pick from endless adventures with watersports and activities at the Winter Park Chain of Lakes or miles of hiking trails and wildlife sightings at local parks. The popular city also hosts a range of events to keep your weekends lively, from craft beer festivals to concerts and car shows to film festivals.
Dream Finders is Ready to Help You Find Your Next Home!Just like the variety of benefits, you’ll find a variety of Dream Finders’ homes in the best Orlando area locations to make for a happy relocation. Whether you’re looking for a single family home or townhome in a peaceful neighborhood or want to be close to all of the action, we have a community for you. Our homes make sure you have the best quality of life with energy-efficient features to keep you comfortable and communities with amenities and locations to make everyday fun yet convenient. We can’t wait to help you find your next home in Orlando, Florida! Give us a call or contact us online to learn more.